The Society of the Second War with Great Britain in the State of New York is authorized through the General Society of the War of 1812 which is sanctioned by the U.S. Army, U.S. Navy, and U.S. Air Force to present a medal, certificate and ribbon bar (See Below) approved for display on a Uniform to a Sophomore ROTC cadet.
Recipients of the General Society of the War of 1812 ROTC Award Are selected by the local ROTC Unit Commander from university students meeting the following criteria:
- Possessing senior student status.
- Possessing a grade point average placing them in the top twenty percent of their class.
- Rank in the top ten percent of the class in academic ROTC studies.
- Rank in the top ten percent in aptitude for the Armed Forces.
- Have encouraged and demonstrated the ideals of Americanism by deed or conduct or both.
All inquiries regarding this award are welcomed and should be directed by email to:
Colonel Robert Pollock
Vice President General – Military Awards, General Society of the War of 1812
On Thursday, April 12, 2012, State Registrar and ROTC Officer, Wayne Thurston presented the Society of the War of 1812 Awards at the Cornell ROTC Recognition Ceremony.
As a guest presenter, he presented awards to Army Cadet Alanna Kots, Air Force Cadet Grant George, and Navy MIDN Joshua Ernise.
The 1812 Certificates and Ribbon Bar and Medals were Awarded for outstanding academic excellence and high moral character.